Southwest Spine and Pain is looking for a Medical Assistant for our Park City & Heber Clinics. Part-time Position Mon-Thursday with Rotating Fridays
Southwest Spine and Pain continually strives to be one of the best places for patients to receive care and employees to work! If you are ready to start your career as a valued team member with Southwest Spine and Pain then we are interested in talking to you about our current opportunities!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Takes vitals on all patients as required
- Obtains and updates all patient information as needed
- Assists patients as necessary
- Able to give injections and vaccinations to patients
- Organizational skills and prioritizing a must along with a great work ethic
- Must be willing to work in other areas as needed
- Preparing treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Organize and arrange examining-room instruments and equipment, purchase and maintain supplies and equipment, and keep waiting and examining rooms neat and clean.
- Call patient back and room patient into exam room.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient and reviewing medical history; updating medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials along with documenting the visit along with services performed in EMR software. Stay attentive during patient visit!
- Schedule procedures in office or by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions and explaining treatment procedures, medications and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Provide pre operative and post operative discharge care.
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Computer and phone skills
- Must be willing to obtain BLS certification within 30 days of hire
- Healthcare Experience
- Prior Medical Assistant Experience(preferred) but will train the right person
- Medical Assistant Certification (preferred) but not required
- Computer Proficiency is required.
- Scribe Training (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Part-time
Southwest Spine and Pain is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Southwest Spine and Pain will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.