Medical Billing Specialist For Administration Offices
Southwest Spine and Pain
We believe the needs of the patient come first.
Expertise, compassion and unprecedented patient care are the focus at Southwest Spine & Pain Center. Our physicians bring years of experience and proficiency to patients through world-class training from Harvard and Mayo Clinic.
We provide extraordinary pain care by using a wide variety of injection therapies, minimally invasive surgery, managing different kinds of pain medications, and through coordinating physical therapy and advanced imaging. Our physicians are experts in this ideal, proven and comprehensive strategy to pain care.
Together, we bring industry leaders in patient care and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to those we serve. Southwest Spine & Pain Center brings the best in diagnostic services, advanced imaging, in-office interventional centers, surgical care and rehabilitation services.
We are seeking a talented individual to join the team as a full-time Accts. Receivables Medical Billing with a successful pain management practice in St. George. Our Medical Billing Specialists provide administrative support in the Revenue Cycle process working with our customers (insurance companies, prescribers, patients and pharmacies) on billing related to serves provided at Southwest Spine and Pain. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Using CPT and diagnosis codes to produce and submit claims to insurance companies
· Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid
· Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
· Answering patients' billing questions
· Handling collections on unpaid accounts
· Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
· Knowledge of insurance guidelines especially Medicare and Medicaid
· Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
· Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
· All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
· Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts
· 1 year HER knowledge/experience preferred
· Successfully pass drug screen/background check
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Stable work history
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills are required; Microsoft Office suite is a plus
· Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent required
· Billing experience preferred
· Full-time medical billing position with Utah’s leading pain management group
· Hours will be Monday - Friday from 8:00AM – 4:30PM.
· Compensation is competitive
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Health Savings Account
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Southwest Spine and Pain is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Southwest Spine and Pain will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time