Southwest Spine and Pain is seeking a experienced and passionate Registered Nurse to be part of our amazing practice in Logan, Utah PART-TIME. You will be part of a fun and professional healthcare team and have the opportunity to help us build a successful spine and pain practice.
The Registered Nurse will work closely with healthcare professionals including: Medical Doctor, Certified Physician Assistants (PA-C), Medical Assistants, Patient Service Representatives, and Registered Nurses (RN). Supported by members of the interdisciplinary team, the Nurse will report directly to the clinic manager and work in tandem with the Medical Director.
This clinic focuses on Pain Management and provides both office based procedures and clinical consultations. Southwest Spine and Pain continually strives to be one of the best places for patients to receive care and employees to work! If you are ready to start your career as a valued team member with Southwest Spine and Pain then we are interested in talking to you about our current opportunities!
What You Need to Be Successful:
The Nurse of the clinic is responsible for clinical excellence and extraordinary patient care. In addition to possessing clinical knowledge, the nurse of the clinic needs to have good organizational skills in order to plan and coordinate the delivery of patient care.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Help develop proper clinical procedures that ensure patient safety, comfort and quality.
- Evaluate patient care and reports significant patient problems to appropriate team members and works toward greater efficiency and productivity.
- Support the department and promote a positive model of care leveraging a team based approach.
- Staying up to date on national and local policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures
- Knowledge of controlled substances
- Quality improvement and quality assurance
- Emergency codes and evacuation
- DOH, Medicare JCAHO/AAAHC, MQC and all other voluntary and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for reporting Adverse Events
- Collaborate with Management team to identify future opportunities for growth of ASC.
- Supports and promotes a positive image of the Surgery Center when dealing with patients and others inside and outside the organization.
- Pre Operative Care
- Post Operative Care
- IV placement and maintenance
- Assistance with conscious sedation under direction of physician
- Patient instructions and education
- Documentation through use of Electronic Health Record
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient and reviewing medical history; updating medical history; confirming purpose of visit
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
- Schedule procedures in office or by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions and explaining treatment procedures, medications and physicians' instructions to patients
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
Certification and Qualification
- Preferred graduate from an accredited school of Nursing/Current Utah Registered Nurse License
- CPR/ ACLS certification for Registered Nurses
- Minimum two (2) years experience, preferably in a peri operative setting.
- (Preferred) Experience obtaining and maintaining Medicare certification through AAAHC or JCAHO.
- Managed or implemented electronic health records.
- Experience with compliance regulations
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
Job Type: Part-time
Southwest Spine and Pain is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Southwest Spine and Pain will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.