30-Second Blog “Snapshot:”
- Roughly 80% of Americans will experience low back pain at some point in their lives, according to Mayo Clinic.
- Back pain can range from a dull, mild ache to severe, debilitating pain depending on its cause.
- The pain management physicians at Southwest Spine and Pain Center share common causes of low back pain.
Chronic low back pain can occur for any number of reasons, and unfortunately, when it occurs it may cause incapacitating discomfort. If your back pain has evolved to the point it requires frequent doctors visits or an absence from work, it may be time to see a pain management specialist. The physicians at Southwest Spine and Pain can suggest a number of treatment options that are quick, minimally invasive, and most importantly, effective.
Before diving into treatment options for low back pain, you may want to know some of the common causes of low back pain. That way you will have a better understanding of what can be done in regards to treatment. Some of the most common causes of low back pain generally include:
- Degenerative disc disease / herniated discs
- Vertebral fractures (osteoporosis)
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal Arthritis
- Traumatic injury (fall)
- Repeated heavy lifting
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
- Muscle sprain or strain from physical activity
Understandably so, living with chronic low back pain is no picnic. To find relief, schedule an appointment at Southwest Spine and Pain Center. The team at Southwest Spine and Pain Center works with patients to create a pain management treatment plan for back pain. Possible treatment options for your chronic back pain may include:
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Trigger Point Injections
If chronic pain is impacting your life, don't wait to schedule an appointment at Southwest Spine and Pain Center. With multiple locations across the state of Utah, the pain management specialists at Southwest Spine and Pain Center are dedicated to helping those who suffer from chronic pain live the life they want to! To schedule an appointment, visit our locations tab!
The advice and information contained in this article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace or counter a physician’s advice or judgment. Please always consult your physician before taking any advice learned here or in any other educational medical material.